Improve your skills in this haute couture embroidery technique with Elisabeth Roulleau, embroidery expert who has collaborated with fashion brands such as Dior, Chanel and Hermès.
Intensive course. Only 10 participants.
Taught in Spanish.
Includes materials and a certificate of participation.
Duration: 28 hours. 4 days.
Dates: 2 December-5 December, 2019. strong>
Timetable: 09:30h-13: 00h and 14:00h-17:30h.
Place: Centre Mil Esquinas. Barri de Gràcia, Barcelona.
Produced and organized by: Estudio YOX.
Course aimed at: any person willing to improve skills in this technique.
Requirements: A demonstrated knowledge and experience in the basics of the Lunéville technique
Lunéville embroidery: Originated in France in the nineteenth century, it is one of the most remarkable techniques in international haute couture, being used by fashion brands such as Dior and Chanel. It is based on embroidering by hand, and with a crochet called Lunéville, various types of beads (sequins, pearls, tubes…) that provide a rich and luminous third dimension to costumes and other textile supports.
• To improve your existing Lunéville embroidery technique.
• To create a Lunéville embroidery with the close supervision of an expert.
• To enhance your level to embroider in an optimal way: gesture and posture, concentration and discipline.
• Second level of techniques to embroider by hand and with precision in different directions and with different stitches like the “point riche”.
• Working on a non- transparent silk fabric.
• Second level of the use of different threads like the chenille thread technique and metal threads.
• Improving your precision with the Lunéville crochet.
• Exercises with the volume on the fabrics: beads and sequins, Swarovski crystals, the “froissé” technique.
• Second level of the physical and psychological skills and behaviours to embroider with excellence.
She lives and works in Lyon (France). Also known as La Brodeuse (The Embroiderer), she worked at the Atelier Cécile Henri in Paris, making creations for collections of Dior, Chanel and Azzaro. She has also collaborated with international fashion brands and designers such as Hermès, Chafor, Alexis Mabille, Impasse 13, Didit Hediprasetyo or Francesca Fossati.
In her role as professor of embroidery she delivers courses, workshops and lectures at her atelier in Lyon, as well as in France and fashion centers around the world. Since 2010 she has been a visiting professor at Central Saint Martins in London and has taught at other prestigious international schools such as Parsons School of Design and the Institut Français de la Mode in Paris; Esmod in Tokyo (Japan); Head -University of Art & Design- in Geneva (Switzerland); Istituto Europeo di Design in Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Italy and Turin; Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum; Academia Degli Arti of La Scala in Milan.